I prefer my popcorn warm and if you do too have your caramel ready before you prepare the popcorn. Â I must add: that this caramel is a bit wet so be prepared to get sticky sweet and salty fingers!
4-5 Cups of Popped Popcorn
1/3 Cup of some tasty fat (coconut butter/oil, butter, margarine)
1/3 Cupf of Raspadura thick Syrup (how to make it click here)Â Dark Amber Maple Syrup or Coconut Agave Nectar works well too.
1/2 Cup of Toasted Cashews
1/4 Cup of Toasted Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Salt to Taste
1. Heat up the syrup in a pan and when it starts boiling turn off the heat and add the fat little by little.
2. Â Stir continuously and add a generous pinch of salt. Â If the caramel gets too cold, warm it up again in low heat.
3. Once it’s all mixed, add the coconut flakes and cashews.
4. Â Stir up, and add in parts the caramel in a big glass bowl along with the popcorn. Make sure you do it in parts to choose the right amount of caramel you want in your popcorn.
5. Â Add another pinch of salt to have a more dramatic sweet and salty taste.
1. Â Serve immediately and watch out and don’t your tongue!
2. Â Add Cayenne Pepper for a Sweet n’ Salty n’ Spicy Caramel PopCorn.
[…] cup of butter, at room temperature 1 cup of Confectioner’s Sugar 1/2 cup of Salted CaramelÂ (recipe here)Â or you could purchase some of your favorite brand 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract 1 pinch of […]